KEDGE MAI programmes have been offering world-class training in international purchasing management and innovation for more than 40 years.
MAI graduate and executive programmes are recognised by multinationals as being at the leading edge of operational purchasing and strategic management.
It is adapted to be compatible with executive participants’ busy workloads and their personal and social environments and commitments.
Objectives this programme for international buyers
- Be involved in new product development from the design stage onwards (new materials, substitutions, etc.)
- Take on board all requirements and specificities related to the product in the purchasing process requirements
- Know the markets and the trends at play in distributing and consuming the finished product
- Be familiar with the internal stakeholders and clients of the company in order to understand their needs
- Identify key assets and meet the requirements of the marketing department
- Understand all performance drivers related to quality, price, service, delivery and innovation
- Encourage the use of innovative purchasing approaches and techniques.
- Identify and detect suppliers with innovation potential
- Involve key strategic suppliers in the product development process
- Explore new geographic purchasing sources
- Meet with suppliers who could participate in the development of new products
- Strengthen and improve suppliers’ relationships and commitment
- Select, manage and evaluate the suppliers’ portfolio
- Be up to date with, understand and proficiently use new technologies
- Deploy best-in-class strategies, techniques and tools for the purchasing function
- Monitor purchasing competition and best practices
- Promote new requirements (in terms of quality, price, deadlines and innovation) within their own organisation